By: Jordan Benjamin on April 20th, 2022
Stay True To Your Beliefs with Salman Mohiuddin
Jordan talks to enterprise sales veteran Salman Mohiuddin. Salman, who has worked on some of the biggest deals with companies such as Salesforce, IBM, and Asana, talks about navigating the world of sales as a devout Muslim man who has stayed true to his beliefs. Salman also talks about believing in what you’re selling, and understanding that if you don’t believe in your product, your customers won’t either.
- After every difficulty comes ease
- Faith and prayer as a way to get through a work day
- Patience can be a valuable trait in sales
- How to build a point of view with your customers
- Advice for leaders of remote teams
- You need to believe in what you're selling first
- The best leaders challenge you
- Sales and alcohol don't always need to mix
Salman: "One thing that my faith teaches me is that after every difficulty will come ease. With every difficulty comes ease. Meaning that, you're gonna go through some tough times, guaranteed. No matter who you are. You've been through it, I've been through it I'm sure, in our life. But there's gonna be light at the end of the tunnel."
Salman: "If you do not have conviction and belief in what you're selling, if you don't believe that this is the best product in the market that you believe will solve your business challenges, customers will see value in it, if you don't truly have conviction and belief in what you're selling, you won't enjoy what you're doing, you won't be successful, and you won't be inspired to wake up every morning."
Salman: "As I was learning more about the product, as I was sitting down with customers, I felt, I don't know if I'm completely sold on this product. I don't know if I believe in this product. I don't know if I have conviction in this product, in what I'm selling. And I realized I couldn't be successful, I didn't enjoy what I was doing."
Salman: "Sales is about building a connection in some way. Sales is about uncovering business problems and helping solve them. And you don't need to chug down a couple of cold ones to do that."
You can connect with Salman in the link below:
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/salmanmohiuddin/
If you’re listening to the Peak Performance Selling Podcast, please subscribe, share, and send us your feedback.
- LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/jordanbenjamin/
- Website - http://mycoreos.com/
- Podcast - https://www.mycoreos.com/podcast
- Email - Jordan@MyCoreOS.com
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/jbenj09
About Jordan Benjamin
Jordan is the founder of My Core OS. After spending years in sales, working with sellers and studying peak performance he found an opportunity to help sellers level up to not only build peak performance at work, but to also create harmony between work and life so you can sustain performance over the long term.