By: Jordan Benjamin on January 27th, 2022
Sell Without Selling Out w/ Andy Paul
Andy reflects on the fact that the principles of selling are largely unchanged throughout history. People buy from people, so investing in good relationships will always be crucial, whether as a buyer buying based on return on time and attention, or as a seller trying to distinguish yourself from other sellers. Helping others get what they want and being transparent about its mutual benefits will always be a win-win situation.
- Understanding early that sales is a people business
- Decisions are made based on return on time and attention
- Givers, takers, and matchers: How to sell to different people
- The principles of selling are largely unchanged throughout history
- Close the perception gap of coaching between managers and sellers
Andy: "If you think it's purely about the process, you think it's just about what you're executing in your playbook, and you think this interaction doesn't matter, this relationship doesn't matter, then you're fooling yourself."
Andy: "If you're approaching your customer and saying, my job here is help you get what's most important to you, and if I can help you get what's most important to you, I'll get what's important to me. And as long as you're transparent about that, that's what people want."
Andy: "People calculate a return on the time they invest in you. If you're a seller and you wonder if somebody started ghosts, there could be multiple reasons, but the first reason, generally is they made the decision, you're just not worth their time."
You can learn more about Andy and preorder his book in the links below.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/realandypaul/
- Podcast: https://www.andypaul.com/sales-enablement-podcast/
- Website: https://www.andypaul.com/
If you’re listening to the Peak Performance Selling Podcast, please subscribe, share, and send us your feedback.
- LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/jordanbenjamin/
- Website - http://mycoreos.com/
- Podcast - https://www.mycoreos.com/podcast
- Email - Jordan@MyCoreOS.com
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/jbenj09
About Jordan Benjamin
Jordan is the founder of My Core OS. After spending years in sales, working with sellers and studying peak performance he found an opportunity to help sellers level up to not only build peak performance at work, but to also create harmony between work and life so you can sustain performance over the long term.