By: Jordan Benjamin on February 17th, 2022
How to Lead SDRs with Ralph Barsi
Ralph Barsi is the VP for Global Inside Sales at Tray.io, a cloud platform that integrates and automates workflows across the enterprise.
Ralph shares how he leads with a heart and how this translates to effective sales teams that create rapport with their prospects. By listening closely and reading the signs, teams can match what their prospects really want and see where they fit in.
As a leader, Ralph also talks about how he coaches his teams with empathy and kindness. He highlights the effectiveness of candid conversations to truly understand where people are coming from and how he can help them reach their collective goals.
- Tune in to your prospect's tone, match it, and build credibility
- Candidness helps build self-awareness with sales teams
- Know your purpose to show up in your best
- Ralph's day: Assessing goals and nurturing creativity
- For leaders and sales teams: How to bounce back from rejection
- Leading with kindness and championing women in sales
Ralph: "It's really important for sales people to still be cognizant of the job at hand and the outcome that we, together, want to achieve. So it's important to still be yourself, be authentic, but also mirror and match that prospects and mirror and match the marketplace that you're selling in."
Ralph: "Why are you so focused on a year from now, year and a half from now, ten years from now when you're retired etc., be with us here and now and give us everything you got right now and it'll pay off in spades."
Ralph: "Talk to them like you would talk to people. Have a heart and use your ears to just kind of hear them out, hear what's going on, to see if you can help them find some light. Sometimes it's just in that very moment and they're back on track."
Ralph: "You shouldn't try to pursue opportunities. I think you need to switch gears in your head and work to attract opportunities. And they'll start to surface all over the place when you switch gears like that."
You can learn more about Ralph in the links below.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ralphbarsi/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/rbarsi
- Website (Tray): https://tray.io/
- Website (personal): https://www.ralphbarsi.com/
- How to Live book by Derek Sivers link: https://sive.rs/h
If you’re listening to the Peak Performance Selling Podcast, please subscribe, share, and send us your feedback.
- LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/jordanbenjamin/
- Website - http://mycoreos.com/
- Podcast - https://www.mycoreos.com/podcast
- Email - Jordan@MyCoreOS.com
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/jbenj09
About Jordan Benjamin
Jordan is the founder of My Core OS. After spending years in sales, working with sellers and studying peak performance he found an opportunity to help sellers level up to not only build peak performance at work, but to also create harmony between work and life so you can sustain performance over the long term.