By: Jordan Benjamin on March 17th, 2022
Applying Emotional Intelligence At Work with Orrin Webb Jr.
Orrin Webb is a certified practitioner of the Myers-Briggs type indicator Specialist of Applied Emotional Intelligence. Orrin explains the importance of applying emotional intelligence in daily life, especially in work environments such as sales leadership. He also talks about his own management philosophy and why self-reflection is crucial to self-improvement.
- Not everyone is predisposed to harnessing emotional intelligence
- Emotional intelligence is crucial in making day-to-day decisions
- A close look at the Myers-Briggs type indicator
- Emotional intelligence can make you a better leader
- Orrin's management philosophy
- People want to feel like you have their back
- Self-reflection can help with self-improvement
- The body and mind are connected
- Get clear on who you are and how you operate
Orrin: "If you're in sales, you are having conversations with prospects to try and move them or help them to see the value that you're trying to provide. And that is an emotional experience. Being able to be aware of, and be clear on how you are feeling and processing in the moment, but also getting some indication about how that other person is doing, that gives you an edge."
Orrin: "I would often say that I don't actually manage that other human being. I don't manage their life, their emotions, I don't manage it. I manage a process that the human being is involved in and I show up human-to-human."
Orrin: "Eventually I want to be obsolete. I want you to be so good that you don't necessarily need me anymore. And the way that I got there was by having this philosophy be shown through action, which is showing up in a peer-to-peer, human-to-way.”
Orrin: While there's a lot of value in what society at large has adopted as success, it may not always align with what you define as success. If there is some incompatibility there or some misalignment, it could actually lead to you having some mental health challenges."
You can learn more about Orrin in the links below:
- Website: https://www.enmocean.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/enmocean/
- Tiktok: https://email@example.com
About Jordan Benjamin
Jordan is the founder of My Core OS. After spending years in sales, working with sellers and studying peak performance he found an opportunity to help sellers level up to not only build peak performance at work, but to also create harmony between work and life so you can sustain performance over the long term.